Friday, October 31, 2008

Baby on Board

My cousin and her husband went to London for 1 or 2 weeks (depending on how they feel). They asked my mother whether she would take care of their little baby, Rebeca. My mother immediately accepted this rather charming offer, 'cause she is a nurse and her job is to help babies to come to this world.

This all happened from last Friday till this Sunday. The first day was ... interesting. The baby was adorable. Rebus always smiles, even to strangers, but she especially laughs when I'm there, and I still haven't decided whether she is laughing with me, or on me. She doesn't really like it when I'm holding her, to be frank, she can't stand it. She would rather go to my granny than to stay with me, not to mention my mother. I think that Rebus thinks that my mom is her mom too. Strange, isn't it? She would crawl through the whole house just to get to her and make mom hold her. Once she tried to crawl after my mom when mommy was on the toilet. - ???

Well, whatever, I was home 'till Monday so I didn't have the chance to get into this baby thing, but by last Sunday she really liked me. She played with me, but still wouldn't let me hold her. Every time I tried holding her she would start making faces and nearly crying, then my mother takes her, Rebus looks at me, and smiles. Then my mother used to say: "laugh at David..." - she really starts laughing :D She is really making fun of me, but still, sooooooo cute:)

to be continued...

No comments: