Friday, October 31, 2008

Uncomfortable Silence?

I don't know whether I'm imagining this or it is true, but I got the feeling that some people don't, in particular, consider me friendly or think that I'm rude, or just a show off.

I got a hunch; small talk. It is true that I am not that small talk kind'a guy, for I'd rather sit and listen or not even pay attention, than to join in. This has a rather simple reason, avoiding a very unpleasant feeling, uncomfortable silence. I hate it. When you are through telling each other’s daily routine, then comes what? Ask the question: What are you doing this weekend? C'mon... :)

I enjoy silence. I believe that words are not always needed. I am a talker none the less, but I'd rather tell a couple of bad jokes or stories from my life, then express my physical condition or to share ideas of the weather forecast. You know, there are times, when silence can seem louder than any other scream...

I don't wanna be rude, nor offend anybody, please forgive me if I offend anyone with this, that would be my last intention. It is just that... maybe this whole entry has no reason, maybe I'm overreacting, or maybe I'm generalizing or God knows what? My point is: Is small talk good? Is it worth talking about everything, but still nothing? Or am I just talking stupid things?

any help... ?


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Gotcha!

David Blade said...

got what? The secret of David Blade? :)

Andika said...

You don't need always words ... Sometimes just to throw a glance on someone is enough, or a hand holding...I know what you mean in your blog...Silence is one great art of conversation.