Friday, December 19, 2008

Tamás Tomázy 1994

How long since the time you've gone,
and left my dear mother alone?
Tears were running down her cheeks I remember,
but I was too young to understand... I think it is better,
'cause my brother and sister,
whose heads were then in High School lecture.
Understanding every crying eye, including theirs,
for this was something of their biggest fears.

I can recall a mother shouting in pain,
It was the expression of losing a son in a day.
I can see my grandfather lifting me up,
and I know that it was his sorrowful tears,
which were dropping on me from above.

My sister was hugging me a couple of times,
and I could see everyone standing in lines.
They were all around me kissing and hugging,
while my mother was throwing a red rose into the open coffin.
My brother seemed calm and still,
yet everyone knew what he could feel.
It was silence, which is worse then every tear.

Losing a Father is tough.
Especially, when you're growing up.
I was 4 when it happened,
and it is until now,
that I feel abandoned.
Just one conversation, that's what I want,
and I would remember you with a happier heart.

1 comment:

Timi said...

really nice and shocking,Dave... I liked it very much